You may have noticed a big change to the main homepage from me. I am testing things here and deciding maybe it's time for a redesign. Do you like it? Tell me what you think. Here is some comparisons and more talking about it so read on!
NEW NOTICE: There are three (3) new updates for September 2021 so far (see here)...
Please click on the images or open them in new tab or something to see them, if you want to. Should we keep it like this because I want and have to ask you guys. We can even do a poll if you insist.
Now just to say, I/we am NOT done. That's just the first official published draft but mostly done. Like for example I want to put (or move) the blog post lists on the right side, add more stuff to a gallery, add another Card, maybe even a discord integrator on the side, etc. In fact within the next few hours and days you'll see changes.
Now I'm not saying I invented all this either, no way. Thanks and credit to the Islands Wikia, Polandball Wiki (I think), LQCs AFOTUS Wiki, and the rest others who worked on these. I'm mainly an editor.
Here are two new templates that I had to add:
Note: I want to make these templates and designs close to the wiki theme which is mostly usually between red and blue, kinda bright versions I may add.
So recap, sorry if this went too long. That's it for now though, always open for suggestions.
AUL Wiki is never finished; it is constantly being developed further for the better. Admins, friends, and editors are constantly working on new content or updates. This section of the page will focus on updates, which are a bundle or series of changes (ranging in size and importance) to official AUL Wiki Main Home Page that are released periodically by the Admins.
(The excerpt above and some of the following terms come from Minecraft Wiki's Updates page.)
- Pre-classic is before it existed to the time FANDOM updated it the first two times, adding the casual normal home info, description, and moving the "Main Page" to "Among us logic Wiki". Though this also involved Angrybirdsfan6 deleting the placeholders and adding categories (deleted 28 weeks later). This era was the super quickest. The most bytes it had was 1,996. (Past - 14:20, 15:56, November 15, 2020)
- Classic was the beginning of the "watch this video to get the idea", everything centered, "start editing", "made by", and "admin is" style. Though there was some more updates, the style didn't really change that much for quite a while. A few sections and templates were added though. This was technically the shortest design because it had less bytes than the pre-classic version but had the most edits, so far. (15:57, November 15, 2020 - 00:26, May 12, 2021)
State of the Art
- State of the Art is the current new style form and it has been highly praised. This style or version had a new templates and was more focused on organized things and adding featuring like an Image, Blog list, and Character shoutout (character one is under draft progress). It's still in the works but it certainly has had a big change, it's the biggest update ever with (and has) the most bytes (data). (00:26, May 12, 2021 - Present)
- FONT CHANGE: The NavigationCard text font changed, as with many other texts throughout the wiki, to Amatic SC to especially portray Among Us and the font admins use per PolyDev's request.
- On the term "State of the Art": it wasn't easy coming up with an official term for the new era but "state of the art" simply means "the most recent stage in the development of a product, incorporating the newest technology, ideas, and features." Synonyms include: modern, new, advanced, sophisticated. So it was the right fit (lol)
- Within 12 weeks, it switched from Note to News and finally picked up the Discussion Announcements Category and a New Year countdown, putting it in stone as a new State of the Art version on August 25. 3 days later, a link to Hiandrew's Blog was put in (and a "recent Weekly Highlights" link started on 9/11).